THANK YOU FOR SUBSCRIBING
Technology Can Be Competitive, but in Malaysia,
Malaysia: It would not be incorrect to say that 2017 caused mayhem for information security professionals. Some of the most brutal cybersecurity meltdowns affected an inordinate number of Internet users. Although Equifax and Yahoo stole the headlines, a number of cybersecurity facepalms, like Uber and Deloitte, didn’t go unnoticed.
While the cybersecurity breaches left a number of organizations gasping for breath, it also taught them a few important lessons. One of them was that collaboration is the key to overcome or avoid cybersecurity problems. The ever-evolving, and at times volatile, business landscape requires mutually beneficial partnerships where different actors can come together and take cybersecurity challenges head on through new ideas and approaches.
EC-Council’s Malaysian Cyber Security Summit endeavors to spread this message far and wide. The one-day event, to be held on March 20, 2018 at Royale Chulan Kuala Lumpur, looks to provide a platform for the influencers, thought-leaders and achievers in the information security domain to collaborate in an effort to make the Web a safer place.
The event is being hosted with the support of CyberSecurity Malaysia, the country’s national cyber security specialist agency that falls under the Ministry of Science, Technology and Innovation (MOSTI). The Malaysian Cyber Security Summit is an effort to promote the mission of CyberSecurity Malaysia to “create and sustain a safer cyberspace to promote National Sustainability, Social Well-Being and Wealth Creation,” by bringing the best in the government and corporate sectors together to formulate strategies to tackle the challenges ahead. Honourable Datuk Wira Dr. Abu Bakar Muhammad Diah, Deputy Minister of Science, Technology and Innovation(MOSTI) will be joining the gathering to address the audience.
Leading cyber security technology and solution providers i.e. HP | Intel, Darktrace, Wiki Labs, Pacific Cyber Security Academy (Papua New Guinea), RigNet, Cyber Wellness Centre, Iverson will be joining the summit to showcase latest products and services.
Some of the stalwarts you will get to meet are:
- Jay Bavisi, President & CEO, EC Council
- Dato’ Arif Siddiqui, Former CIO, Standard Chartered Bank Malaysia
- Abdul Fattah Yatim, Chairman, National Standards Committee on Blockchain and Distributed Ledger Technologies
- Dato’ Dr. Haji Amirudin, Bin Abdul Wahab, CEO, CyberSecurity Malaysia
- Thillai Raj T. Ramanathan, Chief Technology Officer, MIMOS Berhad
We will also be welcoming a reputed delegation fromPapua New Guinea including renowned professionals such as:
- Gari L Baki, CBE, CSt.J, QPM, DPS, Commissioner of Police
- Victor Isouve, BEM, DPS, QPM, DLP, Assistant Commissioner of Police
- HonourableJelta Wong, MP, Member for Gazelle, Easter New Britain, Minister For Internal Security
- Honourable Sam Basil, MP,Member for Bulolo, Morobe Province, Party Leader - PanguPati, Minister for Communication, Information Technology & Energy
- Charles Punaha, Chief Executive Officer, National Information and Communication Technology Authority – NICTA
Our esteemed speakers and panelists will discuss several crucial topics related to cybersecurity issues. Some of the specific areas the event will focus on include:
- Navigating ASEAN’s cyber threat landscape with a resilient cyber security strategy
- Bridging the Gap of Digital Identities and Privileged Access
- The trends of blockchain and cryptocurrency in digital economy
- Strengthening cyber readiness by addressing skills gap in digital economy
For more information on the, please visit https://ciso.eccouncil.org/portfolio/malaysian-cyber-security-summit-2018/
Contact: +91 8424061022