THANK YOU FOR SUBSCRIBING
The Collaborative Effect of DevOps and Cloud
Digital transformation is a non-negotiable for companies who want to increase their competitiveness in the fast-paced technological world. One way to achieve this transformation is to fuse DevOps and cloud computing. The fusion of these two technologies is not smooth because DevOps is about process improvement and cloud computing is about technology and services. It is necessary to understand how cloud and DevOps work together to get optimum results from digital transformation.
Understanding DevOps and Cloud
DevOps is a blend of development and operations. It represents a collaborative approach to the tasks performed by a company’s application development and IT operations teams. While cloud computing is a system that delivers computing services like servers, storage of databases, networking, analytics, software, intelligence and more.
The aesthetics of cloud technologies and services get so easily blended in DevOps because they complement the DevOps process. Cloud computing gives more control to the developers. Service teams speed up the development process and eliminate possible human errors via cloud tools and services. Developers get the freedom to try new things, fail fast and re-work on the product and introduce new products in the market faster.
DevOps is a mixture of approaches where developers and operations work in tandem using the cloud as a common language. Developers and operations are equally aware of the new language of the cloud. Developers can teach the operations about the code aspect, and the operations can educate developers about infrastructure and the security aspect. This exchange of information leads to stronger team dynamics.
With advanced tools and automation, cloud computing enables companies to embed DevOps for greater transformative results. DevOps, on the other hand, requires a cultural change. Cloud computing can help in the change by automating new processes.
There are five benefits of combining DevOps with Cloud Technology:
1) Faster access to development environments and streamlined developer processes brings faster product launch in the market.
2) Using codes for automation and architecture reduces cloud complexity and system maintenance.
3) Processes that are repeatable and high-security are automated to eliminate inaccurate errors.
4) Downtime is reduced through cloud-based continual operations. Developers get the freedom to build stateless cloud application which increases availability and failover ability. This process, in turn, improves customer satisfaction and business reliability.
5) When cloud computing gets combined with DevOps, scalability becomes prominent in the organization. The combination enables organizations to increase capacity with the click of a button while reducing the cost of infrastructure and expanding global reach.